Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Getting into Gear

Sometimes it’s hard to get started writing. Or blogging. Or even (as is the case with me this morning) getting dressed and ready to take on the day.

I’ve wandered around in circles this morning and can’t seem to finish anything I started. I’m distracted. Honestly, I feel like I have ADHD this morning.

I started reading the paper, but then I remembered I was supposed to send an email. My new laptop from Dell finally came yesterday after a month of problems. I started typing the email and thought the keyboard was behaving weird. So I took the laptop to my husband (my personal tech support). I mean, I do type really fast, but….I shouldn’t be having these kinds of problems. And why isn’t the letter ‘b’ working?

Then I realized I was hungry and had never really eaten supper last night (too distracted by the arrival of the new laptop.) So I made eggs for everybody in the house. Then I sat down on the sofa at the laptop and forgot I still hadn’t eaten.

I started to load the dishwasher, but realized the dishes in there were clean. So I stopped doing dishes.

It occurred to me that I needed to make my husband’s lunch for the office….oh. I forgot to buy mayonnaise at the store (third day in a row.) So he’s eating peanut butter today and an odd assortment of things I found in the pantry.

I have GOT to turn this day around. I’ve been up since 6:00, but it’s 10:00 now and nothing has gotten accomplished.

Here’s my plan:

Stop blogging. Now. Okay, after I finish this blog.

Stop whining about how much I dislike Dells. And, if I still don’t like this laptop by the end of the day, go buy a ThinkPad.

Shower, dress, put my contacts in. I look rather witchlike right now.

Pick up my WIP and go somewhere with my children where there will be nothing for me to do but work on the WIP.

Go to the store on the way back from wherever I went when I worked on the WIP. Remember the mayonnaise this time.

Does anyone else have mornings like this?